Every fall in Las Vegas, the Specialty Equipment Market Association, otherwise known as SEMA, holds its annual auto show to celebrate and showcase aftermarket tools, components and auto accessories. The show is one of the largest on the planet, hosting more than 60,000 international and domestic buyers, and offering customizers and suppliers the chance to show off their work.
The Ram Truck brand was again pleased this year to be a part of the event. After all, what better place is there to show off the potential for customization that exists in every Ram that rolls off the line? Now, this is not to say that our production trucks need changes after market. We just know that for a lot of guys, customizing their trucks is part of the fun. At any rate, we know how much we enjoyed building the Urban Ram concept truck from the already-capable base of a new 2013 Ram 1500.
Here’s a look at what we did to make a very tough truck just a little tougher.
- Replaced the standard engine with 6.4L HEMI V-8
- Added Mopar headers, a Mopar cold-air intake and Mopar performance dual exhaust with chrome tips
- Added Mopar performance handling kit and SRT rotors and brake calipers
- Used Modern Blue paint scheme with a “Mopar” blue stripe accent reminiscent of the limited-edition Mopar ‘ll Charger
- Emblazoned Mopar logo on the rear side panel on the driver’s side
- Added sport performance hood and body kit
- Painted 22-inch R/T wheels in Hyperblack with a Ram logo wheel center cap also done in Hyperblack
Stay tuned to the RamZone for more event coverage from the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.