6.7 liters. 350 horsepower. 800 lb.-ft. torque. When it comes to Cummins® engines and Ram Trucks, we’ve always let the numbers do the talking. Today we get to add another number to the story: 2 million.
The Ram brand is pleased to announce that Cummins Inc. has produced its 2 millionth diesel engine for the Ram Truck lineup. This latest milestone highlights a storied partnership with almost 25 years of history and one with tremendous upside for both Cummins and Ram, and for diesel-engine customers in general.
“The Ram Truck-Cummins diesel partnership is one of the industry’s most enduring, and certainly fitting of such a tribute,” says Fred Diaz, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico. “Both companies have benefited greatly, but Ram diesel customers are the real beneficiaries. Every day they experience the toughness and capability a Cummins-powered Ram can deliver.”
According to legend, Clessie Cummins, the founder of Cummins Engine Co. (now Cummins Inc.), built his first steam-powered engine when he was 11 years old, around the turn of the 20th century. Nearly 90 years later, the company he founded began supplying diesel engines to Ram. Now, in 2013, Cummins-powered Ram Trucks boast a number of remarkable capabilities and features, including:
- Best-in-class torque and a 10 percent fuel-economy improvement
- Exclusive dual-inlet “Ram Active Air” that adjusts induction according to driving conditions for optimal performance
- “Smart” exhaust brake for smoother driving characteristics
- Best-in-class, 15,000-mile oil-change interval
- A new cooling system for improved performance and durability
- B20 fuel capability
- Next-generation selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and diesel exhaust fluid system with a range of up to 4,000 miles between refills
- Dual fuel filtration system for enhanced reliability and durability in virtually every climate and environment
- Unsurpassed powertrain warranty—5 years/100,000 miles
The Ram Truck brand congratulates our partners and friends at Cummins Inc. on this historic day. We take immense pride knowing that every diesel-powered Ram Truck reflects their hard work as much as ours, and we look forward to great things—and great engines—as the partnership continues.
To explore the diesel-engine lineup, please visit RamTrucks.com.