Scroll to the bottom of this post (or click here) to watch a replay of the Ram ProMaster making its debut at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7, 2013.
In April 2012, Ram Trucks made waves in the light-duty truck world by introducing the 2013 Ram 1500, eventual winner of multiple major awards and the new gold standard for light-duty capability. Now, Ram Trucks makes its presence felt again, this time with the 2014 Ram ProMaster, a purpose-built, full-size van that right from the get-go can boast numerous best-in-class features—total cost of ownership chief among them—making it an immediate player in the commercial truck market.
“As Ram takes a larger presence in the commercial truck market, the 2014 Ram ProMaster is a great addition, contributing to a one-stop shop of commercial-duty Ram trucks and vans,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO — Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico, Chrysler Group LLC. “The ProMaster answers to key segment demands with best-in-class features, quality, durability, capability, and low total cost of ownership.”
For its reentry into the full-size van market, Ram Truck turned for guidance to Fiat Professional, one of the largest and most experienced producers of commercial vehicles in the world. In fact, the new 2014 Ram ProMaster is based on the front-wheel-drive Fiat Ducato, the most popular full-size van in Europe.
The 2014 Ram ProMaster is the Ram brand’s first shared truck collaboration with Fiat Professional. With more than 4.5 million vehicles sold worldwide, the Fiat Ducato offers Ram Trucks a proven, award-winning platform that combines durability, value, efficiency, and capability like no other in its class.
Like all other Ram vehicles, the Ram ProMaster will be the regular subject of RamZone posts moving forward. Presented here is a preview of the talking points future posts might cover.
- 2014 Ram ProMaster puts Ram Truck back into the expanding, purpose-built, full-size van segment with best-in-class features focused on the commercial customer.
- Ram ProMaster is a purpose-built, highly customizable van designed to exceed the demands of commercial customers.
- ProMaster best-in-class features include:
- Fuel economy
- Cargo capacity
- Total cost of ownership
- Turning radius
- Interior ceiling height
- Step-in height
- North American debut of world-class, torque-rich 3.0-liter I-4 EcoDiesel (available) promises best-in-class fuel efficiency, robust capability, and long service intervals
- 280-horsepower output from award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 (standard) is unmatched among Ram ProMaster competitors
- Proven 62TE six-speed automatic transmission has been enhanced to suit the unique ProMaster application.
- North American-first automated six-speed manual transmission is controlled by software that responds to road conditions.
- Ram ProMaster has a best-in-class powertrain warranty – 5 years/100,000 miles.
- New Ram ProMaster combines functionality and versatility with modern styling and professional appeal.
- Ram ProMaster offers more than 35 safety and security features, including six air bags standard and electronic stability control technologies.
With the 2014 Ram ProMaster, the buyer GETS to choose from 13 different ProMaster configurations, from the ProMaster 1500 Cargo Van with 118-inch wheelbase and low roof to the ProMaster 2500 Cargo Van with 136-inch wheelbase and high roof to the ProMaster 3500 Chassis Cab with 159-inch wheelbase and extended body. For complete details on configuration and for more information in general, stay tuned to RamZone!
Please enjoy this replay from the Chicago Auto Show, where the 2014 Ram ProMaster made its debut on February 7, 2013.