If you’re looking for the power and dependability of a Ram Truck but need something a little more specialized than a truck bed, the Ram Chassis Cab is the perfect choice. One of the most advanced and upfitter-friendly work trucks on the road, the Ram Chassis Cab offers heavy duty performance with an unmatched level of versatility.
So what makes the Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs so impressive? One word: capability. The Ram Chassis Cab lineup offers a list of best-in-class features that don’t just add to towing and hauling, they add to your bottom line. We outperform the competition with best-in-class trailer weights of up 29,600 pounds and gross combined weight ratings of up to 37,500 pounds. That means you can do more work with fewer loads. Add in legendary power plants like the 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel, producing 325 hp and 750 lb.-ft. of torque, or the new 6.4-liter HEMI, producing 367 hp and 429 lb.-ft., and you’ve got one seriously hardworking fleet.
The best-in-class claims don’t end with capability, though. Ram Trucks also help keep more money in your pocket with best-in-class total cost of ownership. The 15,000-mile oil change intervals mean you can spend more time on the road and less time at the dealer. To further improve your uptime, we’ve included a host of features that will keep you on the job longer, including:
- The largest standard fuel tank in our class, at 74 gallons
- Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) to aid fuel economy
- The largest brake size, providing best-in-class brake life
- A best-in-class 5-year/100,000-mile warranty
One of the most important aspects of a Chassis Cab truck is upfitter friendliness. No truck is more upfit friendly than the Ram Chassis Cab. Upfit-friendly features include:
- A best-in-class dual alternator system producing 440 amps of power
- New exclusive gas-engine right or left power take-off (PTO)
- Exclusive fuel saver cylinder deactivation system operation during PTO mode
- Powernet technology that allows expansion of feature content by adding bandwidth to the truck’s electrical architecture
If you want to learn more about the 2014 Ram Chassis Cab you can check out the replay of our announcement from the Chelsea Proving Grounds. To learn more about the 2013 Ram Chassis Cab head to www.ramtrucks.com.